Tuesday 20 May 2014

Stop Press - Snowdonia in Heavy Rain Shocker!!

Would you Adam and Eve it, it's lashing it down again?

This is the view from the cottage right now:


So even though we were all up at 6.30 again this morning, we've decided to wait until 10am to start today's 'triple Moel' walk because the BBC and Met office seem to be in agreement that there will be a dry window of weather in Snowdonia between 10 and 4pm, so it seems to make sense to wait. So thought I'd write a few lines. 

We had a pleasant enough evening yesterday, we dined on chicken, mushroom and smoked bacon carbonara followed by mature cheddar and biscuits all washed down with an Australian Merlot - very nice! I spent most of the evening sorting out my photos and blogging whilst Jacko and Tim curled up on the sofa for another episode of 'Pacific' from the box set which Tim has brought. From the momentary whoops and groans of delight at one point I can only assume that some young lady or another was bereft of clothes for a scene or two! This was confirmed when I came back in from the kitchen to be informed that I'd missed it - bugger! 

So I'd better go and get my boots, gaiters and poncho on ready for today's hike and I'll tell you all about it this evening. 

Russ


3 comments:

  1. Lets just hope the met office are accurate. Looks like the rain is heading this way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you wuss's - bit of rain never hurt anyone. Glad to know you're sticking to your SW eating plan Russ ;D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the whoops did come from the tv!!! Otherwise I think the 'snuggles' in front of the telly are yesterday's news!!! Sounds like you're dining like kings up there! Cheese and biscuits... mmmmm :-) Hope you had a good day, looking forward to reading all about the 3 moles! xx

    ReplyDelete