Sunday 12 May 2013

I'm Sure It's Clearing Up You Know!!!

Fat chance-it's lashed down all day! Still never mind it's been a beautiful walk starting with a climb out of Ulverston which took my breath away-literally! The walk was a lovely amble over Lakeland fells, past a lovely hilltop tarn and eventually dropping down to the historic and wonderfully atmospheric Coniston Water-absolutely stunning in the misty rain and low lying cloud. And to make my day poor old Richard fell over right in front of me and landed face down in sopping wet bracken! Laugh, I nearly wet myself and do you know what, no one would have noticed!!! Have a look at the photos:


7 comments:

  1. Poor Richard!! Hope he's ok! Did he trip or was he pushed??? Hope the weather improves tomorrow for you all :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda Holyoak12 May 2013 at 19:29

    And sad to say I'm afraid I laughed too on reading of Richard's fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really are wicked wives!! I was told about the driving rain today but upon seeing the pictures of the 'drowned rats' - they are aren't they? I started to smile - I then read about Richard's tumble and am sorry to say I too guffawed loudly too. Sorry Richard ;-)

    I do have to say though a big very well done for persevering and not calling in the 'outriders' to rescue you and the view from your tent is just stunning. I just love the lakes rain or shine.

    Enjoy every minute, looking forward to tomorrows soggy pictures.

    Blog Hijacker Dawn xx

    (p.s. I've shrunk your pics from mahoosive to medium :-D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!!!! Woohoo day 1 done! Even though its lashed it down I'm well jel - love the lakes. Bet it's beautiful even in the wet. Richard - god love you that has made my day! :-D I wish I could have seen that. And I must say, you're all looking pretty good in those waterproofs ;-) guess you don't have to be a wife to be wicked!!! Enjoy a much deserved beer tonight and here's hoping for some sunshine!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee I smiled too!!

    Xx hazel

    Ps I'm having trouble posting blogs! This took me 5 attempts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What made my fall even more inevitable was that I was wearing my poncho with my arms inside so I couldn't even reach out to stop me. The bracken was soft though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont think thats a poncho, i think you just stood up in your tent and said "right im ready, lets go"

    ReplyDelete