Sunday 29 May 2011

Home at Last!

Well, I'm home and about to climb the final summit of this trip - my stairs to a proper bed for the first time in 10 days. We're working on the photos right now and hope to have them sorted for tomorrow - I'm sure I'll get the opportunity to bore many of you with a personal viewing at some point in any case, but I'm sure you'll like them - the views were out of this world. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the supportive texts and blog comments - it was a real comfort and support to know people care. One final comment from me tonight which probably sums up the whole trip for me and I'd like to quote (not verbatim, but you'll get the gist) a literary hero of mine, Bill Bryson:

Forever more will I be able to stare at some distant horizon through eyes of chipped granite and say, in a gruff, mountain man kind of way, 'Yeah.........I've shit in the woods.'

Goodnight.

Russ

1 comment:

  1. Hope the final ascent wasn't too tough on your feet - bet you were pushing out z's before your head hit the pillow! I realise I will be one of the lucky/unlucky ones who gets a private viewing of your pics....can't wait for that ;) Just kidding - I am looking forward to seeing them. (It's just your narrative I'm not so enthused about - snoozefest) Enjoy a good night's sleep and will see you tomorrow.

    Over and out x

    ReplyDelete