Tuesday 29 May 2012

Walking Widows and Kate!

Tonight the walking widows met at Shirley's house for a magnificent meal and a gossip about the Saga 6 and babies..........don't ask!!

Amanda kindly offered to drive so I made my way to her house complete with fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, meringues and whipped cream and decided to just have a quick hug and a kiss with Alexander before leaving.  I headed to the garden where I expected to see him splashing in his paddling pool only to find him locked in the shed with his grandma laughing at him through the window.........don't ask! - I left after letting him out for the hug, kiss and a squeeze ;-)

What an evening it kicked off with Shirley greeting us at the door with a choice of cocktails, Cosmopolitans or Margherita's - my fav mmmm. We sat in the garden with a few nibbles before heading inside for the delicious meal cooked by Shirley.  Most of us moved onto wine with our dinner, followed by lemon cellos with dessert and brandy coffee to finish off only to head back to the wine and cocktails.

We had such a good laugh talking about the walk, the blog and babies - poor Hannah is now traumatised - sorry chick ;-)

I had quite a few texts off Russ about the walk and the blog much to the disgust of Amanda as Richard has gone incognito - just for a change you have to realise!!  RICHARD!!

Russ had photo issues - he only had large ones so I promised to sort them out when I got home, hence the time now!  


The wives of the SAGA 6 became know as the Magnificent 7 instead of the walking widows due to the fact that we also had Kate to dinner despite not actually owning a walker - or so we thought.When asked, which one are you having an affair with?  All six she replied! - it's no wonder she's always tired!


We had a fantastic evening thanks to Shirley's hospitality and have vowed to do it again soon but with the blokes.  It's been a long week but very enjoyable for the lads - well done.   Looking forward to seeing you all in the pub on Friday.

Dawn xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Aw that's nice, glad you had a good evening.

    Hope you get your share of texts today Amanda :-)

    See you Friday girls

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely evening. I felt a bit guilty not being a WAG but I did wave you all off in Newcastle, have been 'married' to three of you (on stage of course) and am having an affair with all of the SAGA six - sorry to spill the beans!!!!!!

    Thanks to the girlie's for allowing me to join them. I had a great time.

    Kate
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you are all dinning in fine style. The best I managed today was to put my thumb in some cow poo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well all I can say Richard is 'I hope you've washed your hands'

      x

      Delete