Monday 28 May 2012

Its not the winning but its the taking part that counts.....







.........but we won, from an impossible position. The team decided to enter the pub quiz tonight after a fully proportioned meal at The Twice Brewed Inn. It was looking grim for the Shitake Six, and after 3 rounds we were plum last with only 20 points. We thought we were doomed but a final round of rock music bought us a nice 18/26 points thanks to Jacko! We knew he'd be of use somewhere along the walk.

Our prize was a lovely blonde........on the front cover of the 1974 LP of T.O.T.P. As I was the youth of the group I went up to collect the prize, ooh I was excited. I had a choice of 6 envelopes and went for the one that looked good........mmmmm.

2nd prize was a bottle of wine of our choice, damn you Jacko!

9 comments:

  1. What even more excited that you have been since you knew you were going on the walk?

    Glad you had a better meal tonight.

    Have a great day tomorrow

    Kate
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, how are you going to share that amongst six of you LOL
    Don't tell me........
    Your packs are going to be very interesting to unpack, since you've been gone (Rainbow - if you need any more help!!) I've clocked a few additional items that you didn't leave home with namely two white plastic garden chairs, a black cat, some Roman Artefacts and now an LP.
    Guys you're supposed to be losing weight not adding to it.

    Dawn ;-)) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you were going to bed, Dawn!!.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Still at least two hours to go yet, it's only 11 ;-))

      x

      Delete
  3. And I wonder how many of you thought you had one the blonde..... I know at lest 5 of you that would have been chuffed.... :-D So glad you're having such a lovely time.

    Becky xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Laughing my socks off now - just noticed your team name! :-D Shit-ake mushrooms!? The dirty bastards!!!! :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have got that LP in my record collection:) I can't see what the problem is!

    So are you Shitake by night and SAGA by day?

    Love Hazel xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it bad that I don't know any of those records?! lol :-D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is I know most of them! You are not missing much but they would cause me to sing-a-long:)

      Delete