Monday 13 May 2013

God Is Quick, Isn't He?

As you will probably recall, 'twas only yesterday when I regaled you with a highly hilarious tale of Richard coming a cropper on the mountain and falling head first into damp bracken. Well this morning, within a space of only five minutes, I did exactly the same-twice!! The second time in fact brought about much hilarity in the group as both my feet took off and, in comic book fashion, continued to pedal in the air as they went above head height and I, in terrifying slow motion, came hurtling back to earth with a bone rattling thump! How we laughed!

In contrast to yesterday however, the weather was simply lovely and the views literally breathtaking. We left Coniston at 9am and spent the next 7 hours ambling through beautiful countryside, over sun kissed Lakeland fells and through luscious green woodland, abloom with with wild garlic and bluebells-it was truly wonderful walking. We've just set up camp in a fantastic location, on farmland below Langdale Pikes-stunning. Unfortunately the rain has started again, but never mind we've just entered a convivial Inn called Wainwright's and intend to retire to a fine hot meal washed down my local Lakeland ale. Ain't life grand? Enjoy the photos. 

Russ


 
                                      
 

4 comments:

  1. Hey nice shorts Stu!! Did 'Kim and Aggie do some walking today or was that the first aid kit arriving after your tumble? God is quick Russ ;-D Nice to see your washing ;-/

    Enjoy your meal and 'pint - mmmm me thinks pints!!!

    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - me again. I have to ask Paul - is that your version of a feather pillow ;-D

    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda Holyoak13 May 2013 at 18:30

    Sorry Russ, I laughed loud at that image!!
    Photos are amazing - what fantastic scenery, although Alexander was only interested in the photos of Daddy! I've been fending off questions on where Daddy is all day.
    Enjoy your rest, hope tomorrow is drier than the forecast suggests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!!! Thunthine!!! Woohooo :-) glad you had better weather - lovely pics and what a descriptive blog! :-D my fav bit was the bit about you falling over :-D wish I'd seen that...both times. But it serves you right for no doubt being the ringleader in laughing at Holyoak. Knew this was your blog when I saw the title and knew you'd fallen over :-D dawns right Stuart, those shorts are a treat for the eyes!!


    Sounds like you've got it sussed tonight with the food and beer(s) have a good night guys.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete