Saturday 18 May 2013

Great Weather.......for Ducks!

So that's it, we're done. And how fitting that the walk finished as it started, in torrential rain-although today's rain was really quite extraordinary, I have to think back to childhood in Wales to remember such heavy and sustained rain. To say we were knee deep in water is no exaggeration, we really were and often. Everything we were stood in was literally dripping wet. I really feel for the folks who live along that river, flooded homes are inevitable in such conditions although I have absolutely no regard whatsoever for the thoughtless (and probably malicious) drivers who drenched us by driving at speed through standing water-I'm sure they found it hilarious, we didn't.

So another terrific experience and adventure for the threemenonawalk team. Thanks to my fellow walkers and congratulations for completing the Cumbria Way (Jacko, Tim, Richard and Andrew-they really are excellent company and we have a lot of fun during our hikes) and to Simon and Stuart for their company and support-for carrying my heavy gear in the car and for charging my iPod. 

Here's some of today's pics. 

Russ

                                 

1 comment:

  1. Yay - they're home. Well done to you all, Simon and Stu you've been a big support carrying the heavy kit - I think they would have struggled on the first and last days without you- but a special well done to the five lads wading through all that water today, especially after such a hard day yesterday.

    I've shrunk my last lot of pics for the blog so until next time :-)

    Dawn xx (the blog hijacker)

    ReplyDelete