Sunday 12 May 2013

Is that the sun I can see..

We started off in the small town of Ulverston which took us up quite a steep climb.  The weather was not at its best and stayed with us for the entire 13 mile walk. It was as Russ described a relentless rain that would not even give a restbite to stop and take the ponchos off to admire the stunning scenery that lay before us. We sometimes had to imagine what the scenery was because it was that thick with rain and sometimes fog. I've never had to cross so many streams in my life.......not sure which ones were actually meant to be there or not though.

The walk took us past the picturesque beacon tarn and then onto the all inspiring Coniston water which really was a site to behold.  In the mist and at the time light rain it really did have wonderful eery feel to it, with the sounds of the dying waves caressing the shore line it sent shivers down your spine.

Unfortunately I didnt get many photos as my hands were that wet and cold I struggled to even hold my phone, and at that point if I put gloves on they would have got wet, but please see some pictures below of what I did manage to capture.

3 comments:

  1. Some lovely cloud shots:)

    X mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely in the lakes even when the weather is bad. Hopefully the weather improves and you can all shed the very fetching ponchos!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with h, lovely pics :-) well jel. Hope you all sleep well and not too many snorers!!! We all know jacko won't be happy :-D haha. I'll be counting how many of you are in the pics tomorrow to see if anyone has been bumped off :-) xx

    ReplyDelete